Sunday, June 29, 2008

Grandma & Grandpa's

Steelville, MO
June 2008
I thought some people might enjoy seeing how CHEAP

gasoline was in Missouri!

This is one of my favorite views on the way to the

grandparent's house.

Missouri wildflowers.

Dilapidated barn behind my grandparents house.

Buds from my grandma's mimosa tree.


This picture is courtesy of my 6 year-old niece, Alexis. Pretty artsy.


This is a video of lightning bugs. Lightning bugs are one of my favorite things in this world. Even though they're barely noticeable in the video, I had to put it on here because I love them so. But, if you concentrate REALLY hard and look for little, tiny twinkling lights, you can see the lightning bugs. Interesting fact: the male and female lightning bugs flash at different frequencies to attract each other. :)

WARNING: THE NEXT 2 PHOTOS WERE NOT TAKEN BY ME.

I'm good, but I'm not that good. :)

A close-up of a lightning bug. Aren't they cute!?

Another one of my very favorite things in this world is the song of a whippoorwill. It totally makes me think of summertime in Missouri. I tried to catch one on video while I was at my grandparent's house, but they weren't cooperating. So, there's a link to one on my blog.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love those pics!!

Karen said...

Awe, thanks Rebekah!

Anonymous said...

Was your video of the lightning bugs filmed in front of the Statue of Liberty? ;)

mom

agratefulheart said...

LOVE the post with ivy! If I was a good painter, I would paint that. Do you think I could get a mimosa tree to grow here? What a pretty shot!

agratefulheart said...

Just kidding about that ivy-that looks like Virginia Creeper!